This is the Official Website of the IAM Local Lodge 63
Check here for the Latest Updates
Our next Union Meeting is Saturday May 11th at 10am
Boeing Shop Stewards at 8am
Shop Steward Training at 9am
25 Cornell Avenue
Gladstone, Oregon 97027
Phone: (503) 656-1475 or (503) 238-5550
See You There
Local 63 Volunteers Install Wheelchair Ramp
President John Kleiboeker and Vice President Craig Moran installed a wheelchair ramp donated by Brother Moran at a home in Washougal, Wash. on April 6th. The grateful resident, Gary Christian, had seen the Machinists District 751 MVP program but found nothing locally for help. He contacted DL 751, who promptly notified District W24/Local 63 and the Local was happy to help! Pictured are VP Moran with the stairs (before) and President JK with the newly installed ramp and a grateful Mr. Christian.
AMPP Program Achieves 3.1% Payout
The following message was sent to members represented under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
***This message is being sent from Tim Copes, vice president of Manufacturing & Safety, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, and Jim Bearden, International Association of Machinists (IAM) District 751 Administrative Assistant, to Boeing employees represented by IAM districts 751, W24 and 70 and their managers***
Congratulations on 3.1 percent payout for 2012 AMPP program
Congratulations on your successful efforts to improve Safety, Quality and Productivity through the 2012 Aerospace Machinists Performance Program, or AMPP. Because of these efforts, you will receive a payout of 3.1 percent of your eligible earnings from June 22 to Dec. 20, 2012.
· We’re not finished with Safety improvements until everybody goes home safely at the end of each day, but you did an excellent job in this area by reaching about 75 percent of the maximum performance metric set for Safety.
· One of the major outcomes our customers and regulators look for from us is Quality, and you made good progress by reaching about 40 percent of the maximum performance metric set for Quality.
· Productivity improvements are the way we can fund our investments in future product lines, so it’s critical we continue making them. During the 2012 AMPP program period you achieved the maximum performance possible on the Productivity metric.
You significantly improved program performance in December, and the joint Boeing-IAM team continued to work together to review the data and make appropriate changes. Those two factors contributed to the 3.1 percent payout for the 2012 performance period.
As a reminder, when the program began last year the following weights were assigned to each metric: Safety, 20 percent (measured by Lost Work Day Case Rate); Quality, 30 percent (measured by Non-Conformance Reports); and Productivity, 50 percent (measured by Hours Per Unit of Output).
The AMPP 2013 plan remains largely unchanged from 2012. Details of the 2013 plan will be posted to the AMPP website in early February.
You will receive the payout on Feb. 21, 2013. You can estimate the amount by clicking on the Personal Payout Calculator button on the AMPP website (internal to Boeing link), where you can also view the 2012 results.(internal to Boeing link)
Please accept our gratitude for a job well done. Working together, we are a powerful team.
Livemocha! Coming in January 2013, to your computer!
Starting January 15 at 7:00 AM, 2013, IAM-represented Boeing employees in the Puget Sound area, Portland, OR, and Wichita, KS can register for Livemocha, a new interactive language-learning program. As the world’s largest online language learning community, Livemocha fuses traditional learning methods with online practice and interaction with native language speakers from around the world. Livemocha delivers an unparalleled learning experience that promises conversational fluency - in 38 different languages!
All you’ll need to get started is a computer and a headset with a microphone. PC must be running Windows XP or higher, and Mac users will need OSX 10.6 or higher. Your computer will also need Adobe Flash Player 11.3, which is free, and a link will be provided by Livemocha for download, if needed.
IAM/Boeing Joint Programs is proud to offer this opportunity to IAM-represented Boeing employees in Districts 751 (Puget Sound), W24 (Portland), and 70 (Wichita). The first Livemocha open enrollment / registration period will commence Tuesday morning, January 15, 2013, at 7:00 AM. Set a reminder to return to this website then to access your registration form.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com
Click here to visit the Livemocha website.
IAM Health Assessment Questionnaire Starts Nov. 1; Health Care Screenings Not Required
Questions have arisen from communications sent out by Boeing recommending all their employees get health screenings in anticipation of the health assessment questionnaire. The implication is all employees need to get the screenings. Here is what IAM members need to know:
• IAM members are NOT required to take the health screenings Boeing has been promoting in Boeing News Now, emails and other communications. Keep in mind a screening is different from taking the health assessment questionnaire. Although we encourage our members to get a screening to better understand their personal health, screenings are absolutely NOT REQUIRED of our members for the health assessment questionnaire -- it is strictly voluntary. You can enter your numbers when taking the assessment if you know them or choose not to enter the numbers -- it is your choice. Answering I don’t know is acceptable.
IAM members have several options if you choose to get a screening, where you can find out your numbers such as blood pressure and cholesterol:
1) onsite through Boeing screenings or
2) you can also go to your doctor to get your screening numbers (who could then fax in the numbers on a form downloaded from TotalAcess "My Well Being" or you could enter them on the assessment -- again, this is only if you choose to enter your numbers on the assessment questionnaire).
• The Health Assessment Questionnaire for IAM members working at Boeing will be available to take from Nov. 1 to Dec. 21. Before then, you will see communications from Boeing talking about a health assessment questionnaire, which begins October 1 -- this is not for IAM hourly employees. Although the other payrolls at Boeing will be taking their assessment questionnaire sooner than Nov. 1, our members' questionnaire will be different and tailored to IAM members.
• IAM members and their spouse or partner will need to take the health assessment questionnaire between Nov. 1 and Dec. 21 to avoid additional paycheck contributions in 2013.
Contract Books are here
If you haven't already received one the Contract Extension Books are available now Online click the book below for a copy you can save it to your computer for easy viewing.
Dental Benefits Clarified
Special Enrollment Period Extended to July 13 for IAM Members at
Boeing has clarified the details of dental coverage available to employees represented by the International Association of Machinists in Puget Sound,Portland and Wichita. Employees can look here for details of the Network Dental Plan, which replaces the
Incentive Dental Plan as of July 1, 2012.
In May, you were mailed information regarding the new network dental program. Many dental offices also received this information. Boeing and the IAM have worked together to update the information to accurately reflect the terms of the extension agreement. As shown in this